|Born||June 30, 1964|
|Organization||German Kabirski Inc. (Jan 2000 – Present)|
German Kabirski (born June 30, 1964) is a jewelry designer and manufacturer. He founded German Kabirski Inc. and grew it into an international luxury brand. He design jewerly that appealed to celebrities who became regular customers. He is best known for his contemporary jewelry designs made from silver, gold, natural rough and cut gemstones, and other materials, such as pebble, wood, snake backbones, feathers, fur, etc.
Early life and education
Kabirski was born on June 30, 1964, as the second child in a family of medical doctors. He spent his early years in Makhachkala, Dagestan. He always appreciated art and liked to draw, but his parents didn’t take this hobby seriously and hoped he would take a scientific or medical career path. German wasn’t a good student at school and found school life boring. He left school after eighth grade for an art college.
At first, German enjoyed his new alma mater, its teachers, and the students with whom he could share his interest in art. Still, later, he realized that there was not much space for creativity and originality, so he quit college and was immediately recruited by the regular Russian army for compulsory military service. After two years in the military, he returned to his hometown, applied to the Dagestan State University, and in five years, received his higher education diploma as an economist.
Combining his knowledge of economics and art, German started his professional career by launching a traditional Lezgi carpet store and, later, a jewelry factory. Working in the traditional jewelry business, he soon realized that it might benefit from unconventional design solutions and techniques – and this is when his experimenting with metal textures, casting, and stone settings started. German Kabirski as a brand was born in 2000 when these experiments helped create a new collection that was introduced in many jewelry exhibitions and received many awards.
Since then, Kabirski has continued designing contemporary art jewelry using both traditional and non-traditional materials like wood, bones, and pebbles. Most recently, he introduced the rough gemstone "stain glass" technique that proved popular in the US market. The artist works mainly with 925 silver, rhodium or gold plated with genuine stones, such as rubies, sapphires, tourmalines, topaz, citrine, amethyst, aquamarine, etc.
Kabirski’s work is worn by several celebrities
Kabirski participates in all the major international jewelry fairs and exhibitions, including those of London, New York, Las Vegas, Tokyo, Munich, Bangkok, and Hong Kong. The artist’s work is worn by Selena Gomez, Kylie Jenner, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Singer Miguel, Megan, Tinashe, Pirate Baird O'Connell, Leslie Odom Jr, Janelle Monae, Meredith Mickelson, DaniLeigh, Kylie Jenner, Brianne Howey, Jurnee Smollett, Halle Berry, Chloe Bailey, Doja Cat, Cinthya Carmona and Marsai Martin. Maye Musk and Cassie Ventura were seen wearing the Gilda Amethyst ring by Kabirski, while Shenseea completed her outfit with Kabirski bangles and rings for her music video "Run Run."
Birthstone is regarded as special gemstone based on the month of birth or the zodiac sign of the person. With regard to his birthstones collection, Kabirski works towards curating jewelry designs depending on the birth month and their subsequent gemstones such as spinel or peridot for August, Topaz for December, and garnet for January.
Kabirski won first prize for design and technical realization at IJL International Jewelry London, UK (2009), Grand Prix of Junwex St.Petersburg, Russia (2010); and First Prix of JCK Las Vegas (2010).
In the media
- ↑ "BE INSPIRED BY CELEBRITIES WEARING GERMAN KABIRSKI". GERMAN KABIRSKI. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "What are the best German Kabirski jewelry collections?". Quora. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "germankabirski". tracxn.com. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "MEET GERMAN KABIRSKI". doors.nyc. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "Lethbridge Gem & Mineral Show". Lethbridge Gem & Mineral Show. Retrieved 21 October 2022.
- ↑ "German Kabirski". dinabova. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "German Kabirski: Art of Impulse". CinthiaSpoon. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "Faire / Wholesale Reinvented". www.faire.com. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "German Kabirski Co.,Ltd". Gust. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ Says, Jodie Filogomo. "German Kabirski Jewelry – Fabulesley". fabulesley. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "kompanii". jewelrycreative.ru. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ Malhotra, Aditi (12 November 2021). "Discover Avant-Garde Jewelry Pieces - Only At German Kabirski". Fancy Correctitude. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "German Kabirski". Amazon.com. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "Honest German Kabirski Jewelry Review". Lizzie in Lace. 28 September 2022. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "German Kabirski Jewelry Collection: A must-have for any jewelry lover – Vc Hunting". vchunting.com. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ Jewelry, German Kabirski. "Get These 5 Best German Kabirski Jewelry Collection And Be Inspired By Celebrities". Issuewire. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "Get These 5 Best German Kabirski Jewelry Collection And Be Inspired By Celebrities - IssueWire". Flipboard. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "GermanKabirskiInc". Etsy. Retrieved 11 October 2022.
- ↑ "German Kabirski". Gagapedia. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "Rings as Art – the work of German Kabirski". thisbugslife.com. 21 November 2017. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ Ryabikova, Victoria (5 August 2021). "8 Russian designer brands worn by Hollywood (PHOTOS)". Russia Beyond. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "Russian Ambassador to Thailand supported Charity bazaar of Russian jeweler German Kabirski". thailand.mid.ru. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "German Kabirski - Jewelry Gallery". Ganoksin Orchid Jewelry Forum Community for Jewelers and Metalsmiths. 8 May 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2022.
- ↑ "August Birthstone: Spinel". GERMAN KABIRSKI. Retrieved 21 October 2022.
- ↑ "December Birthstone: Topaz". GERMAN KABIRSKI. Retrieved 21 October 2022.
- ↑ "January Birthstone: Garnet". GERMAN KABIRSKI. Retrieved 21 October 2022.